ADVANTAGES OF ROTARY SCREW AIR COMPRESSORS
ELGi is a leading rotary screw compressor manufacturer, offering reliable, efficient, and high-performance air compressors for various industrial applications.
- ELGi’s rotary screw air compressor profile comprises multiple segments, each exhibiting a distinct shape.
- The air compressor employs significant positive displacement to elevate air pressure by minimising air volume.
- Utilising a robust female rotor, the compressor efficiently traps and continuously reduces the air space.
- A short sealing line, maintains a complete contact length seal eliminating the necessity for a sealing strip.
- The compressor is equipped with an optimised clearance distribution system, leading to improved efficiency and performance.
WHAT IS THE WORKING PRINCIPLE OF THE ROTARY SCREW?
- The rotary screw air compressor operates on a positive-displacement principle, rotating two rotors with varying grooves to compress atmospheric air. The male and female rotor elements trap and release the air as needed during the compression process.
- In an oil-lubricated rotary air compressor, the motor or engine drives the male rotor, which, in turn, drives the female rotor through a thin film of oil between them. Conversely, in an oil-free rotary screw type compressor, a set of gears controls the timing between the male and female rotor, eliminating the need for oil to seal the chamber.
- The essential concept of a rotary compressor involves the counter-rotation of the male and female rotors. The prime mover initiates the rotation of the airend rotor, creating a vacuum that draws surrounding air through the air filter. As the rotors spin, the air gets trapped within the spaces between them, leading to progressive compression.
- The air intake system brings atmospheric air into the rotary screw compressor, starting with filtration to remove suspended particles. The filtered air then enters the airend, the core of the compressor, where it is trapped between the meshing lobes of the two rotors. As the rotors turn, they compress the trapped air pockets, eventually discharging the compressed air at the outlet of the airend.
ELGi’s EN & EG series exemplify top-notch rotary screw electric air compressor technology, offering an ideal industrial footprint for various applications.
Why should we buy a ELGi’s rotary screw compresors?
ELGi’s rotary screw air compressors are a popular choice for various industrial applications due to several compelling reasons. The key advantages of choosing ELGi’s rotary screw compressors are –
Efficiency – The innovative design of the rotary compressor offers desired energy savings and helps reduce power consumption and operating costs. The advanced technology of the eta-V rotors in ELGi’s screw compressors delivers high levels of efficiency.
Reliability – ELGi rotary screw compressors are strongly built with high quality components and ensure consistent performance and minimal downtime by reducing maintenance costs.
Compact design – ELGi screw type compressors are compact and can be beneficial for industries where space constraints are a concern. They are also easy to install in various industrial setups.
Low noise levels – Noise pollution can be a significant issue in industrial environments, affecting both workers’ well-being and regulatory compliance. ELGi’s rotary screw compressors are engineered with acoustic canopy and efficient bearings to lower noise levels, ensuring a quieter working environment and promoting better working conditions.
Versatility – ELGi screw compressors come with varying capacities and features to suit different applications and industries. Whether it’s for manufacturing, construction, automotive, or any other sector, ELGi engineers and manufactures air compressors and accessories for several applications.
Get Expert Guidance and Personalized Solutions
What Makes Screw Air Compressors the Preferred Choice for Air Experts?
hen seeking the optimal air compressor solution for your operations, it's essential to consider various parameters which extend far beyond the upfront cost.READ MORE
Understanding the Differences Between Rotary Screw and Reciprocating Air Compressors
The two most commonly used types of air compressors are rotary screw compressors and reciprocating compressors.READ MORE
Making Screw Air Compressors Oil-free
Oil-free compressors eliminate the need for lubricating oil in the compression process, offering several benefits over traditional oil-lubricated compressors.READ MORE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
From service plans, service networks to Genuine ELGi parts, explore our vast range of services and parts to find exactly what you need.PLACE A REQUEST